Thursday, November 13, 2008

One of my favorite 'kids say the darndest things' stories about Cierra happened last year when she was in 1st grade.
She and I were meeting with the speech therapy teacher to explore the possibility of Cierra in speech therapy. She has a little bit of a lisp. It seems to get better as she gets older. Never-the-less when we were done with the meeting, Cierra asked why she would go to speech class. When I told her that it would be to help her say her s's, t's, th's and ch's a little better. She looked at me kinda weird almost immediately. I asked her what was up. The following is what she had to say:

Cierra- "Do grown ups go to speech class at my school?"

Me- "Nope, just kids, why?"

Cierra- "Mister Martin needs to go to speech class, he has a lisp like me."

(Mr. Martin was/is a Fabulously gay 5th grade teacher at her school... I proceeded to laugh. laugh laugh!)

No comments: