Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Perfect Dress...errrr eh-umm Skirt

So tonight I took Cierra to see Santa at Coronado Mall. Aparently all of Albuquerque had the same idea. After standing in line for five minutes, Cierra struck a deal.

Cierra- "This line is really long huh Mom?"

Me- "Sigh, yes. I thought it would be though"

Cierra "Do you LIKE waiting in lines?"

Me- "No, not particularly"

Cierra- " I have an idea for us to do, wanna hear it?"

(I thought she was going to suggest a Christmas carol or patty cake game of some sort, this WAS NOT the case)

Cierra
- "Did you bring money for a Santa picture?"

Me- "Yes.... How come?"

Cierra- "How about if we take pictures togther over there (pointing at the 3$ photo booth) and use the money for a Christmas dress instead. I really want to wear a dress to my Christmas Party on Friday. I can just mail my letter to Santa." (breath)

(Cierra is a typical girl in that she masters the skill of fitting WAAAY too many words in one breath of air.)

Me- "YESSSS! I think that is a GREAT idea!"

It actually made me laugh, and I was glad NOT to stand in that God-awful line. We ended up going to JCPenney's to look for the perfect Holiday dress. After sifting through racks and racks of dresses, we couldn't find any that were perfect.

Right when we were about to give up, Cierra gave out a gasp that even made the people around us look at her.... It was the perfect poofy, sparkly black skirt! Proof that the perfect piece of clothing trumps even Santa Clause!
My little girl is starting to grow up....