Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bought Myself Flowers Today

I bought Myself flowers today, because I'm worth it!
Took a bouquet of red tiger roses and mixed it a yummy yellow mix. I used to ALWAYS have flowers on my table in England. You could getthem at the markets are cheap '20 p' bundles along the sides of the road. (I kinda lived in the country). The flowers here are way pricier, and cookie-cutterish... I miss coneflowers, lillies and tulips soooo BAD! I know that's why I stopped that tradition. I bought these flowers at the Smiths off of Constitution close to UNM. I prefer to buy them at Whole Foods but didn't want to make a second trip!


Beardy Update: After sitting all night and turning the tank lights on first thing in the morning, the temps are steady and PEERFFECT! Tomorrow is when Cierra n I'll buy our new bearded dragon, otherwise Saturday'll have to do.

Cierra started school this past week. I'll post some pictures this weekend. SHE is driving me crazy because the child WILL NOT sleep. No matter WHAT time I put her to bed she is up until at least ten. It is ridiculous really. Nonetheless, she's loving school so far, and I am the official 'class mom'. I loves it! I get to do class art projects once a month and plan the parties! woot hoot! GOD I love not working at Dillards!


Cierra's teacher just moved here last year from Germany (her hubby's in the AF). She's super nice and slightly spazzy so I'm happy that Cierra got a GOOD teacher. I told her that I will be subbing once my application goes through, and she said she'd make sure who needs to know........ .does know, so that I can sub primarily at Wherry and Sandia.

My car is FINALLY fixed. Manny's bestest friend Al came over tonight and saved the day by helping me figure out what was wrong with my damn car. Manny saved my summer though- he let me drive his car till I could fix mine. He makes sure I don't stress about anything...I'm really lucky.

My Human Resources class (that I was supposed to take every Thurs. night for 8 weeks) got cancelled do to lack of enrollment. I am bummed. I called UNM to enroll there for a Graduate level class and I have to get permission from Anderson School of Management. Friggin JOY. I go next Wednesday to speak with the advisor and 'apply'. The UNM campus irritates me when parking, but Oh well... I'll go next week. Cross your fingers for me. ....

Tomorrow should be a fun and FULL day! Takin Cierra to school, then getting my oil changed, n running that baby through the car warsh. (It's been sittin in my parking lot for like two months). I may or may not get baby beardy at that time, so I can surprise Cierra after school (haven't decided yet). Then I'll run the counter at the shop http://www.customtattoo-nm.com/CustomArtists.htm til five. (thanks you guys for lettin me, by the way). Finally I will pick up Cierra and GO HOME! Valency is gonna hopefully bring Talullah (her teeny, tiny,squeezy, scrumptious baby puppy) over--- I bought yummy cheese n bread.

I invited Arianne, Nancy (who lives in South Santa Fe) and my friend Allison (who is moving back to France in three weeks)- but the ballet is still out on them.

No comments: